This one-day overview course is designed as an introduction to project management for individuals/organisations that are ‘aware’ of project management and wish to understand the basics as a pre-cursor to investing more fully and formally in project management training.
The course introduces the key themes that underpin successful project management, provides an overview of the different methodologies and frameworks that are available to organisations, and shares simple tools and techniques that can be used by anyone looking to develop their project management expertise. It will also introduce and explore the basics of ‘Agile Project Management’, a modern alternative to traditional approaches which is increasing in popularity.
The course is delivered by an experienced consultant that has spent over 20 years delivering large, complex projects in the ‘real world’.
You will learn
- What is project management? How does it differ from Business as Usual?
- What are the core components of a project, and why do they matter?
- Why projects are won or lost during the start-up and definition phases
- Key factors in planning and executing a successful project
- Identifying and managing key project stakeholders
- Insights to monitoring, communicating and reporting
- How to identify, categorise and manage project risk
- The importance on measuring benefits
Who is this for?
- Those looking to work in a project focused role
- Individuals who are looking to improve their project management skills
- Organisations looking to better understand the value of adopting a structured project management approach
- Full Course Materials (Paper and electronic copies)
- Course Certificate
Dave Tyler has worked in project management for over 20 years. As a trainer and consultant that also delivers ‘real projects, for real clients, in the real world’ Dave’s training style is to overlay classroom theory with current and relevant experiences from the corporate workplace.
Dave has spent time in both public and private sector environments, working with a wide range of organisations and industries including Estee Lauder, NATS, Raytheon, HP, The Pensions Regulator and Capita PLC, and recently acted as a consultant to a global training provider to support their development of a new Enterprise Agile product.