Our ability to make a good impression and influence determines our success in every sphere of life. To be effective at work, it is critical that we persuade others to listen to, and respect our views and ideas. These skills form the foundation on which other skills can be built. Negotiating is one of the key elements within the sphere of influencing.
You will have the opportunity to review your current influencing and negotiating behaviours and adapt them to improve your success at work.
Successful networking is about taking time out to work on your business rather than only ever working in your business. By developing your networking skills early in your career, you will be able to more confidently and successfully build valuable business and personal relationships, some of which may last you throughout your career and beyond
By the end of the workshop you will have had the opportunity to discuss the key principles and practices of influencing, negotiating and networking plus develop practical skills that will further enhance your effectiveness in the workplace.
You will learn
- Recognise the key skills and behaviours for influencing and negotiating effectively
- Develop tools and techniques for influencing and negotiating
- Stakeholder mapping and identifying key influencers
- Factors determining influencing styles and tactics (internal & external)
- Advanced tools for influencing sideways and upwards (4, p’s and the long influencing model)
- The negotiation process and the key stages in it
- Tools and techniques for negotiating effectively working with a range of scenarios to practice your skills
- Understand the value and benefits of networking within the workplace
- Identify who to network with in your work environment and methods to maintaining effective relationships
- Develop a clear personal development action plan to continue your development
Who is this for?
Anyone who is required to influence, negotiate or network in their role.
- All materials and workbooks will be supplied.
- Lunch and refreshments - we cater for any dietary requirements
- Certificate of attendance
- Your Chamber Train Certified Logo: This can be uploaded on your LinkedIn account, websites, e-mail signatures, and other relevant marketing material, to show that you have taken part in one of the Chamber Train professional courses.
- Parking: Discount available at a nearby car park.
Brigit Egan – Managing Director, Oakridge
Brigit is Managing Director and Shareholder of Oakridge Training & Consulting – an international consultancy practice that specialises in Global Leadership, Team Development, Change Management and Coaching activities.
Brigit has pioneered work with global leadership and management teams in the public, private and not-for-profit sector environments for over 20 years. An experienced speaker, facilitator and coach Brigit draws on her training and experience as a Master Practitioner in NLP as well as her high level corporate experience and leadership and coaching work with thousands of professional, to provide effective programmes that help clients achieve desired growth and change.