Business networking is a great opportunity for you to:
- Distinguish yourself from all your competitors
- Leave a good impression
- Find new deals to take your career to the next level
But, you might be missing on all these benefits of networking in business if you do not have the necessary networking skills, have a low self-esteem or if you simply do not know how to network effectively.
Chamber Train, the service provided by Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, allows only a limited number of delegates on this high-energy, practical and entertaining Business Networking course, to make sure everyone gets enough practice to improve their networking skills.
The course will guide you through a series of interactive exercises and insights to help you build and drive both your online networking skills and your face to face networking strategies to ensure future success.
You will leave this Networking Course with:
- More self-confidence to become more assertive and to take decisive action
- Confidence to build and use your network, and to start having real impact at work
- A lot of practice of numerous networking tactics which you can apply to enjoy networking in the future
- Top tips on effective online and face to face networking
“Good interaction with the group, very useful to put Networking into a broader commercial perspective. Good to focus on online, not only face to face”
What You Will Learn:
- The power of networking and how it can develop your career and future success
- How to enjoy networking
- How to develop a practical plan of action and get started straight away
- How to build a stronger commitment within your organisation to network both internally & externally
- Tips for networking effectively, so that you could attend more events, meet more people, build stronger relationships and get others to know you and what you do
- How to ask interesting questions and how to increase your knowledge of the market and competition
- How to control fears, break the ice and leave good first impressions
- How to undertake effective meetings and arrange more meetings with prospects
- How to Identify and approach key people and how to share information and seek potential partners
- How to recognise, create or act upon potential opportunities
- Hints & tips on following up
A chance to practice at GMCC Networking Events:
You can benefit from: Action for Business; the business networking events provided by GMCC, which take quarterly in each local authority across Greater Manchester, to practice the networking skills you have acquired.
These are free for GMCC members and cost only £15 + VAT for non-members.
Check the upcoming networking events here.
Who is this for?
This Networking Course is suitable for anyone who is looking to be more confident and who is keen to improve their networking skills and effectiveness at networking.
- All the course materials will be provided
- Refreshments- We cater for any dietary requirements
- Certificate of attendance
- Your Chamber Train Certified Logo. This can be uploaded on your linkedIn account, websites, e-mail signatures and other relevant marketing material, to show that you have taken part in one of Chamber train Courses.
- Parking: Discount available at a nearby car park. Details to be passed upon demand.
“The course really highlighted the value of taking the time to prepare!”
“Very engaging, open & friendly, spot on!”
“Expanded beyond notes, able to be flexible in discussions”
“Has left me wanting more!”
“This course was always going to take me out of my comfort zone but, I felt at ease as soon as I entered the room. It was very interactive, and everyone was really friendly. There were some very thought-provoking tips, which I am sure will help me improve my networking skills”
“Good interaction with group, very useful to put Networking into a broader commercial perspective. Good to focus on online, not only face to face”
“Good at gaining on understanding networking,What to do in a networking situation, Planning and organising contents”
“Trainer’s knowledge on the subject and use of her own experience added to the content”
“Only 2 of us, so v. intimate, informal, lots of encouragement and inspiration. Really insightful!”
Anita is an experienced consultant, trainer and facilitator with over thirty years’ experience working across different sectors including Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Travel and Recruitment. With experience spanning the full HR spectrum she has expertise in the areas of change management, implementation project management, organisation & people development and leadership & management development. Anita has a wealth of employee consultation experience and has spoken at the CIPD conference on this subject.
Anita spent 10 years as a Global Team Leader so can bring a wealth of personal leadership experience to her assignments.
She loves working with clients to understand their business challenges, ask the “daft” questions, get to the bottom of what needs to be done and then help them develop clear actions and engaging ways forward.
Anita has more recently been putting her Networking Skills into practice as she now runs her own business. The power of using your Network has certainly been a huge benefit to her with every lead and job so far coming from past connections.
Anita has a degree in Applied Chemistry, she is CIPD qualified and is an accredited EQi and EQi 360 coach.
Delivered by Oakridge Centre