Since May 25th organisations are now legally required to notify a personal data breach to the national data protection authority and are obligated to inform affected, and potentially affected, individuals where the breach is likely to result in a high risk for the rights and freedoms of those individuals.
Chamber Train has been running training courses on what steps businesses need to take to ensure they remain compliant but, do you know what to do in the event of a data breach?
This practical one-day workshop will run through preventive actions to mitigate a breach, easy to follow steps if you do incur a breach and how to educate your workforce.
You will learn:
- The preventative measures to mitigate a GDPR breach
- How to identify weaknesses in data security
- What steps to take in the event of a breach
- The incidents that trigger the requirement to notify
- Incident response plans
- Implications for processors
- The role of the ICO and what you will be required to do
- The requirement for an internal breach register and how to maintain it
- Consequences of failing to notify breaches
Who is this suitable for?
It is recommended that delegates attending this session have a basic knowledge of data protection legal requirements. Delegates with no existing knowledge may find it helpful to attend the Are You Ready for GDPR 1 day training course beforehand.
- Training material and slides
- Materials for exercises
- Handouts to take away.
- Certification upon completion
- Lunch and refreshments
- Your Chamber Train Certified Logo
The training is delivered by Subrahmaniam Krishnan-Harihara, who is currently Research & Analytics Manager at the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, The Chamber of the Year Award winner 2017/2018.
Subrah is also an Associate Lecturer at the University of Salford, where he has taught on the MSc Information Security and MSc Information Systems Management on modules such as Information Security Standards, Information Security Policy & Risk Management, Computer Networking and Database Management.
Subrah is an expert in his field and very knowledgeable of all things related to GDPR. He is an experienced trainer dedicated to deliver information in a comprehensive yet clear way to meet all attendees’ needs and answer their questions.