Since May 25th organisations are now legally required to notify a personal data breach to the national data protection authority and are obligated to inform affected, and potentially affected, individuals where the breach is likely to result in a high risk for the rights and freedoms of those individuals.
This in-depth, especially designed by Chamber Train, course will equip you through hands-on learning, with all the knowledge you will need to understand, plan and implement a continuous GDPR compliance programme.
You will understand how commercial data security measures might be insufficient for the implementation of GDPR and you will be ready to apply whatever changes your organisation may need to do to remain compliant with the new general data protection regulations.
“Informative and has helped immensely for us improving on our internal procedures”
“Excellent delivery and the trainer is very knowledgeable”
You will learn:
You will have a great understanding of the general data protection regulations. This includes:
- How data protection law applies to your organisation
- The requirements to keep data secure, and how to meet those requirements
- The restrictions on sending personal data abroad
- GDPR fines for breaches and loss as well as for non-compliance with the law
- Staff training, awareness and competence testing
- The legal requirements for gathering information for marketing, including an introduction to the use of opt-out and opt-in clauses
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Record what personal data you hold, where it came from and who you share it with
- Review your current privacy notices and plan out any necessary changes
- Update your procedures, plan how you will handle requests within the new timescales and provide additional information
- Examine the types of data processing you carry out, identify your legal basis for carrying it out and document it
- Review your current methods of seeking, obtaining and recording consent and whether you need to make any changes
- Establish the correct procedures to detect, report and investigate a personal data breach
- Designate a Data Protection Officer, if required, or someone to take responsibility for data protection compliance and assess where this role will sit within your organisation’s structure and governance arrangements
Who is it for?
Chamber Train has designed this course to suit anyone wishing to understand more about GDPR regulations. No prior understanding is required but a basic knowledge would be beneficial.
- Training material and slides
- Materials for exercises
- Handouts to take away.
- Certification upon completion
- Lunch and refreshments- We cater for any dietary requirements
Your Chamber Train Certified Logo. This can be uploaded on your LinkedIn, websites, e-mail signatures, and other relevant marketing material, to show that you have taken part in one of the Chamber Train professional courses.
- Parking: Discount available at a nearby car park. Details to be passed upon demand.