This is an interactive, fun and easy to follow one-day BIIAB Level 2 training course especially designed by Chamber Train. It delivers the recognised licensing qualification APLH for delegates working in, or preparing to work in, any industry that involves the retail sale of alcohol. A Personal Licence cannot be obtained before the completion of this course.
What You Will Learn on the ALPH - BIIAB Level 2 Award Course:
You will leave with a thorough understanding of the requirements and responsibilities of a personal licence holder and how to proactively implement this in the workplace. This includes:
- The Licensing Act 2003 and Licensing Policy
- Personal Licence and duties of a personal licence holder
- Premises licences incorporating operating Schedules
- Designated Premises Supervisor
- Temporary Events Notices
- Exemptions and Prohibitions to the sale and supply of alcohol
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Rights of Entry and Powers to close premises
- Protection of Children
- Definition of Alcohol under LA2003 and how it affects body and behaviour
- Smoking, Drugs and responsible retailing
- BIIAB Level 2 Certificate
Attend this Chamber Train Manchester course and answer 28 out of 40 questions correctly in the multiple-choice exam to receive a certificate through the British Institute of Innkeeping Awarding Body (BIIAB) within 14 days of passing the exam.
After passing the exam you will need to make an application to your local council. Once issued the Personal Licence will last indefinitely, with no need to renew.
Additional services by Chamber Train
Chamber Train can provide a fast track service giving you the necessary support to complete the Personal Licence application form and take all the hassle off you!
For more information on how to do this, please contact us by clicking HERE.
- Full Comprehensive Course Materials (PDF Files)
- Certification upon completion
- Lunch and refreshments- We cater for any dietary requirements
Your Chamber Train Certified Logo: This will be e-mailed to you upon completion of the course and you can then upload it on your Linked in account, your websites, your e-mail signatures, and other relevant marketing material, to show that you have taken part in one of the Chamber Train professional courses.
- Parking: Discount available at a nearby car park. Details to be passed upon demand.
- A BIIAB handbook is available for each delegate*. It includes all of the key information covered in the Personal Licence course in addition to a series of activities for delegates to attempt pre-course.
- This is sent out in advance of the course (minimum 4 working days).
- If bookings are taken after this, the handbook will be available on the day of the training.
*Additional cost of £7 per handbook
Who is this for?
Anyone who works in or is involved in the sale of alcohol at an operational level.
Owners or senior managers who will need to become the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) for the property to allow the sale of alcohol.
Duty managers in large bars, restaurants, hotels, supermarkets or stadia.
Do you want to know 5 fun alcohol facts? Click HERE.