Are you and your organisation ready for the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which are coming into effect in May 2018?
This in-depth, especially designed by Chamber Train, course will equip you through hands-on learning, with all the knowledge you will need to understand, plan and implement a continuous GDPR compliance programme.
You will understand how commercial data security measures might be insufficient for the implementation of GDPR and you will be ready to apply whatever changes your organisation may need to do to remain compliant with the new general data protection regulations.
“Informative and has helped immensely for us improving on our internal procedures”
“Excellent delivery and the trainer is very knowledgeable”
What You Will Learn
- You will have a great understanding of the general data protection regulations. This includes:
- How data protection law applies to your organisation
- The requirements to keep data secure, and how to meet those requirements
- The restrictions on sending personal data abroad
- GDPR fines for breaches and loss as well as for non-compliance with the law
- Staff training, awareness and competence testing
- The legal requirements for gathering information for marketing, including an introduction to the use of opt-out and opt-in clauses
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Record what personal data you hold, where it came from and who you share it with
- Review your current privacy notices and plan out any necessary changes
- Update your procedures, plan how you will handle requests within the new timescales and provide additional information
- Examine the types of data processing you carry out, identify your legal basis for carrying it out and document it
- Review your current methods of seeking, obtaining and recording consent and whether you need to make any changes
- Establish the correct procedures to detect, report and investigate a personal data breach
- Designate a Data Protection Officer, if required, or someone to take responsibility for data protection compliance and assess where this role will sit within your organisation’s structure and governance arrangements
Who is this for?
Chamber Train has designed this course to suit anyone wishing to understand more about GDPR regulations. No prior understanding is required but a basic knowledge would be beneficial.
Full Comprehensive GDPR Course Materials (PDF Files)
Certificate upon completion
Lunch and refreshments
The training is delivered by Subrahmaniam Krishnan-Harihara, who is currently Research & Analytics Manager at the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, The Chamber of the Year Award winner 2017/2018.
Subrah is also an Associate Lecturer at the University of Salford, where he has taught on the MSc Information Security and MSc Information Systems Management on modules such as Information Security Standards, Information Security Policy & Risk Management, Computer Networking and Database Management.
Subrah is an expert in his field and very knowledgeable of all things related to GDPR. He is an experienced trainer dedicated to deliver information in a comprehensive yet clear way to meet all attendees’ needs and answer their questions.