As part of the Greater Manchester chamber of Commerce, where more than eleven Non-Executive Directors have been appointed via their Chamber Recruit Service, we at Chamber Train are aware of the fact that the demand for Non-Executive Director jobs is continuously on the rise within multiple sectors including third sector organisations and private companies and we are therefore providing this hands on seminar as an answer to all the questions you might have regarding this role.
If you are aiming to have a sound understanding of the Non-Exec role, how to secure this position and the strategies to sharpen your skill set, then this seminar is perfect for you! It is a great opportunity to understand all about the critical requirements and appropriate skills of the non-executive role.
“A well-informed presentation on a topic that is not well understood by business leaders”
“Excellent insight into a role before having done the job”
What You Will Learn
This Chamber Train Manchester course will answer all questions you have. This includes:
- What is the role really like?
- What is the real contribution of a Non-Executive Director?
- What does it really entail – time, legal responsibility, authority?
- What is the difference between this role and consultancy?
- Who do I report to?
- How do I cope with being a part time team member?
- How do I blend objectivity and be a supportive member of the team?
- Are there any specific qualifications needed?
- Why would anyone hire me?
- Can one earn a living being a Non-Exec Director?
- How to find Non-Executive Director vacancies?
Who is this for?
Exclusively for business leaders considering a Non-Executive Director career.
Handouts for key information
Full comprehensive course slides (PDF Files)
Hot breakfast and refreshments
Graham Whiley has a very successful corporate career running very large businesses before establishing Sagegreen the business services and outsourcing organisation. He has also pursued a plural career whilst building Sagegreen as a Non-Executive Director and investor on a number of occasions. He is an accountant and qualified Executive Coach and Mentor.