- The word “toast,” which means wishing good health originated in ancient Rome. A piece of toasted bread was literally dropped into wine back then.
- The soil of one of the vineyards in France is considered so precious that it is mandatory for workers to scrape the soil off their shoes before they leave.
- Abraham Lincoln held a liquor license and operated several taverns.
- Bourbon, the official drink of United States takes its name from Bourbon County in Kentucky.
- Most vegetable and almost all fruits contain a small amount of alcohol in them.